Page Updater Pro - WYSIWYG Version
- Logging into the program
- Logging out of the program
- Changing Your Password
- Listing available files for update
- Updating a content file
- Emptying a content file
- Deleting a content file
Logging into the program
To update the content files that have been specified for you, first launch your browser and enter the URL given to you by the Program Administrator. The first time you go to the Page Update program, bookmark it so that you won't have to keep referring to the URL.
Once the page loads, enter the user name and password that were given to you by the Program Administrator. Finally, click the button beneath the log in screen. If the log in is successful, you will be presented with a list of content files that have been assigned to you.
If you do not see the content file you believe you are supposed to have access to, please contact the Program Administrator so they can update your permissions.
Logging out of the program
When you are done working with the program and updating content files, click on the "Exit" link at the top of the page. If you have to go away from your desk, it is strongly urged that you log out and then log back in when you return. Any updates made to content files from this screen go live immediately.
The program records who makes updates to content files and you are responsible for any updates made under your user name.
Changing your password
To change your password, first log into the program. Next, click the "Change Password" link at the top of the page.
The "Change Password" screen requires that you enter your current user name and password. Next, enter your new user name and your new password. Your new password has to be entered twice. Finally, click the button on the screen and your profile will be updated.
Changing your password automatically logs you out of the program. Enter your new user name and password to re-enter the program.
Note: When you change your user name, it is compared against all other profiles. If the user name you selected is already in use, you will be prompted to select a new one.
From any page in the program, so long as you are logged in, you can return to the list of content files assigned to you by clicking the "List Files" link at the top of the page.
- To update a content file, first go to the list of content files assigned to you.
- Click on the name of the content file you wish to update.
- From the update screen, you can add/edit/remove content for the content file you are working on. This content update area is a browser based WYSIWYG. If you are familiar with working with a Word document or similar, then you have the skills to use the WYSIWYG. It is quite similar to using a word document. At any time, click on the information link to access the WYSIWYG help file.
- Finally, click the "Save Document" icon to apply the changes you have made. The new content you are applying will be live and accessible on the displaying web page immediately after you click the "Save Document" button.
Emptying a content file
Follow the instructions in the item above to get to the Update Screen for the content file you wish to work on. Use your mouse to highlight all of the text within the update text form. Press "Delete" on your keyboard to remove the content. It is a good idea to hit the "Delete" key a few more times to make sure you got rid of any blank lines that might have been at the end of the text.
Once you have done this, click the "Update Content" button at the bottom of the form. By submitting a blank form, the program will erase the current content. If this content file is called after being emptied, a single non-breaking space will be printed to the viewers browser.
Deleting a content file
Your profile does not have the necessary permissions to delete a content file profile.